Angela Podesta, Chair; Jeff Musinski, Nora Bertram, Laurie Dougherty, John Donahue
The Board requested the Bylaws Committee review the Section Bylaws to ensure they reflect current practices of the Section and are consistent with AWWA recommended Section Bylaws. The Committee recommended several changes which are as follows:
• Multi-Section members will be eligible to vote and hold the office of Trustee-at-Large, Secretary-Treasurer, Vice Chair, Chair-Elect, Chair and Director.
• Officially recognize the current practice of Immediate Past-Chair serving as Nominating Committee Chair and add language requiring the slate of candidates be presented at the Fall Board meeting.
• Add recommendations by AWWA giving the Board the ability to remove a Board member or Committee Chair and fill the vacant position, and duties of the Director.
• No longer require the Board to hold a meeting immediately after the adjournment of the annual meeting by changing “shall” to “may”.
• Lastly, add reference to an electronic ballot when considering amendments to the bylaws.
The ISAWWA Board approved the recommended changes to the Bylaws at their October 16, 2009, meeting. The AWWA Administrative & Policy Council (APC) will consider the amendments at their February, 2010 meeting. The Bylaws amendments will be presented to the ISAWWA membership for their approval at the March, 2010 meeting. After approval by the Section membership, the Bylaws will be presented to the AWWA Board of Directors for their approval in June, 2010.
Click here to vote online
Click here to vote via paper copy
Click here to review the Bylaw changes